Since getting back to Tokyo we have been pretty busy so I haven't had time to write about it. A few things we have done are: LOTS of Coco's curry, 6 hours of karaoke twice, lots of time in Akihabara, way too much shopping, went to a maid cafe, and Tokyo Dark Castle.
Tokyo Dark Castle was a lot of fun! People were dressed up very cool and there was heaps of cool music! Tim and I went with Hiroko, who we met at a previous Tokyo Dark Castle about 5 years ago. Her friend DJ Uraguchi was djing and put a lot of cool music on.
There was also a band on called Cracks who reminded me right away of an Aussie band called Zombie Ghost Train as they were dressed like zombies from the 80s and had a cello. Their sound was sort of similar with the cello and all, but heavier.
Probably the best act though was the band that the organiser of TDC is in called Auto-Mod. They have an opera singer who wore this cape that looked like it might have been latex and cool devil horns. The opera singing made their sound a bit more unique and sounded really good! They also had a guy dressed all in latex who wasn't playing instruments or singing but dancing. That was entertaining.
There was also a strange part of the night when the lights all went dark to focus on a projection on the stage curtains. The music was slow and the projection was of David Bowie's face. Then it went to all these videos of WWII. I'm not sure how long it actually went for, maybe 5 minutes. Then it ended with David Bowie again and his birth - death years as * started playing a David Bowie cover and the curtains were raised. I dunno what David Bowie has to do with WWII. I guess it was just to get everyone to calm down and feel sad for a minute? It was really weird, Hiroko said they don't usually do something like that.
I'll write about some of the other stuff in upcoming posts. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment