Monday, 1 February 2016

Yuzawa

So after being in this cast I realized it might be easier ti wear a poncho rather than draping a jacket over my shoulder. In the morning I asked the hotel staff if they knew where i could buy one. One staff member named Mariko-san who spoke English very well called a few places to ask them. She said nowhere in Yuzawa does but there's a shopping center in the next town who does. I thought about getting the train there but decided against it, but she said she has a poncho I could borrow while I am here! Very nice of her.  Here is me in the poncho listening to David Bowie:










So a I accepted this and a bit later was handing my key in to wander around town and find something to take photos of,  they pointed out that it is not good weather for photos. It was very foggy so you could barely even see the mountains. However Mariko-san asked if I would come to the shops with her. She ended up driving me half an hour out of Yuzawa to the place in the next town that she mentioned earlier! She said she was doing other things there too although ended up just getting a bento from the grocery store. I did not end up buying a poncho as they were really short so wouldn't really be so suitable but did buy a little hat thing with bear ears.



That night we had dinner at a restaurant across from the train station. I'm not sure of the name of it since it was in Japanese but most of the menu was vegetarian, locally grown, and healthy, and the guy who served us wad really nice and told us what was in all our meals. It was a nice experience. It was also very funny because Jake made a joke about himself being fat and this guy agreed with him and they kept joking about it!  ^.^ Jake was going on about how cool he was when we left so he obviously didn't mind.


The next day was much nicer weather! I spent the day taking lots of photos around town! Here are a couple:




On day 6 of Yuzawa it was very clear weather so I went back to Kogen with Tim, Jake and Hayden to take some mountain-top photos! This was a very fun day. Luckily for me the snow stopped so I could bring the camera out. This might not have been so lucky for the people skiing and boarding but they said that they had a good day!


Overall, even though i fractured a wrist and couldn't skii much this trip, Yuzawa was a lot of fun! We had a lot of yummy Japanese food from very traditional style restaurants, I got a bunch if cool photos, lots of fun all around.


No comments:

Post a Comment